The Department of Communication Studies at the University of Miami School of Communication empowers students to develop advanced skills in cross-cultural communication, leadership, argumentation, oral and written presentations, critical thinking, research, relationship building, and more – skills that can be used in any field or career.
Communication Studies students have the opportunity to conduct important research on a number of topics and are challenged to apply communication skills through hands-on experiential learning and professional internships. Our outstanding professors prepare students for many different careers, including politics, public advocacy, health care promotion, business, and intercultural education, or to pursue graduate or law school.
A few of our communication studies projects, all done by our very own students and faculty.
- From Numbers to Words: Reporting Statistical Results for the Social Sciencesbrackman2019-12-19T13:02:27-05:00
- Measuring the Extent of Sex Trafficking in Cambodiabrackman2019-12-10T17:44:34-05:00
- An Evaluation of Games for Advocacy: A qualitative research study conducted in South Africabrackman2019-12-19T13:03:50-05:00
- In-group Rationalizations of Risk and Indoor Tanningbrackman2019-12-10T17:42:56-05:00
- Clean Gear as the New Badge of Honor: Cancer Prevention Campaign for Firefightersbrackman2019-12-10T15:48:10-05:00