Additional internships, jobs, and career resources are available on Handshake. Log in or join now.
Internship Posted June 29, 2021 | Advertising, Electronic Media, Journalism, Media Management, Public Relations
Marketing and Production Coordination Interns, 2021 Urban Film Festival, Wynwood, FL
Positions: part-time interns to assist from now until the festival taking place Labor Day Weekend (September 3rd-5th)
Digital Marketing Interns (3-4)
- Graphic Design: Entry-level graphics made on Canva for our social media content.
- Assistance with setting up FB, Google, Pinterest, and Tik Tok Ads.
- Social Engagement: Interacting with our audience's comments and DM's
- Content Writing - Blogs for our website on film production topics
- SEO basics for our website.
Production Coordinator Interns (1-2)
- Assistance to our production coordinating team.
- Vendor relations.
- Paperwork filing.
- Shadowing our coordinators during pre-production and on the days of the festival.
Times needed: Flexible Hours, but must be available minimum 10-12 hours between Monday-Friday
Location: Our office is located in Wynwood. Some work may be able to be done remotely once they have become familiar with what is needed from them.
To apply, send your resume and letter to Francesca at the Urban Film Festival: email@example.com
Internship Posted June 29, 2021 | Public Relations
Public Relations Intern, CCOM Group, Miami, FL
About CCOM Group
We are a full- service marketing communication, public relations, and event firm whose expertise lies in helping brands engage with cultural in a captivating and innovative way.
Our internship program provides interns with hands-on, real world public relations experience. Interns are responsible for assisting with projects, while also tasked with leading projects on their own, such as working directly with media campaigns, talents and the influencer community leading to constant and positive coverage.
Interns report directly to their agency PR mentor, who is a senior level PR professional with vast experience.
• Assist on several client account needs
• Partner with Senior PR team on writing press releases
• Participate in agency public relations meetings and brainstorms.
- Basic understanding of Public Relations
- Strong written & verbal communications skills in both English & Spanish
Anyone interested should email resume and letter to Lourdes Cepero firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship Posted June 29, 2021 | Advertising, Public Relations
Social Media/Marketing Internship, HIVE The Agency, Miami, FL
Company Overview: We’re a strategy-led creative consultancy, rooted in creative direction and focused on modern day marketing initiatives. As the landscape evolves, so do we.
At Hive, we help build brand awareness by reaching the right audience through the strategic use of social media platforms, partnerships, curated collaborations, industry trends, brand launches, and business development.
Job Description: You will work closely with the two founders to oversee the companies marketing strategy and online presence by managing, coordinating, and planning the social media activity and the launch event.
*Including but not limited to the following*
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms
- Create dynamic graphics for social media use
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels
- Collaborate with the Founders to create a social media content calendar
- Manage our social media account
- Social media engagement & visibility
- Respond To/Follow-up with DMs
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy
- Assist in the creation of monthly reports
- Assist in the organization of a startup: organize influencer lists, maintaining contact information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An independent worker with creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic
Available a minimum of 20-25 hours a week - Days/Times are very flexible
- Background in social media and graphic design
- Experience in design tools such as Adobe and Canva + business tools such as Excel and Google Sheets
- Must be Organized
Part-time, Unpaid Internship
*School Credit Available*
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to Alexandrea Echeverri email@example.com.
Internship Posted June 29, 2021 | Journalism, Public Relations
Fall 2021 internship program, The Wolfsonian–FIU, Miami Beach, FL
The Wolfsonian–FIU is now accepting applications for our Fall 2021 internship program!
We will be offering 4 internship positions—Library, Registration, Design, and Museum Studies—so there is quite a range of opportunities to gain hands-on experience and specialized museum expertise. All Wolfsonian internships are supplemented by career readiness sessions, networking opportunities, and department talks that expose interns to key professional skills and a variety of possible career paths in culture.
As a museum devoted to modern-age art and design, our permanent collection, rotating exhibitions, and special installations use objects to explore what it means to be modern; to tell the story of social, political, and technological changes that have transformed our world; and to understand the practice and power of persuasion. Internships are unpaid for the time being (though we are actively pursuing future funding) and require 10 hours/week. Past Wolfsonian interns have gone on to seek post-grad degrees, find employment in the arts or research, and even join our staff.
Please share this information with any interested UM students. They can find the application details on our website (deadline: July 6).
Internship Posted June 29, 2021 | Advertising, Communication Studies, Journalism, Media Management, Public Relations
Communication Intern, Ocean Reef Community Association, Key Largo, FL
The duties listed below are intended to describe the general tasks of this position. Additional duties may be added on an as needed basis.
• Conduct interviews, and draft topics and articles for our community’s electronic newsletter
• Capture photos and videos as assigned and assist with shoots to be used in publications and social media • Draft content for ORCA’s social media pages that communicates our services (Fire-Rescue–Paramedic, Public Safety, Public Works, Utilities, Pet Services), ongoing projects, emergencies, and other general information
• Draft content for Grayvik’s social media pages that communicates their pet services and adoptable cats
• Help maintain content on three websites: ORCA, Grayvik, and Dog Park
• Assist with proofing our community’s telephone directory (400 pages)
• Assist with the creation of presentations • Help create content for our employee newsletter that motivates and informs employees of important issues, accomplishments, and events
If you have questions or would like to submit your application, please contact:
Internship Posted June 29, 2021 | Broadcast Journalism, Motion Pictures
Documentary Editor Intern, Reporters Without Borders, Miami, FL
We are looking for an intern who can work as an editor on a documentary related to sports, culture and the upcoming Olympics. We are coming down the final stretch on a documentary project - "La Patria Deportiva" - which has been delayed due to the pandemic and other factors.
The perfect candidate is curious, responsible, tech-savvy - with technological and editing chops - and of good storytelling instincts. Someone with an interest or knowledge in travel and other cultures and is not afraid of doing more with less. (A great plus: multilingual, but if you're just bilingual, but speak English and a non-European language [like Japanese, Mandarin or Arabic]).
We are an eclectic production team, and are looking for somebody who is versatile, but has good knowledge of post-production and editing software. He/she may also understand web-site building, social media, and distribution/marketing.
If you know the difference between FireWire and Thunderbolt, .mp4 and .mov, 'on the record' and 'on background,' and would like to tell stories and learn storytelling and production from experienced award-winning documentarians and journalists, this could be a good opportunity.
We produce content in different languages and this could be a great professional chance for someone looking to grow. We have worked on documentaries for PBS, ESPN, Univision, FIFA and worked for the New York Times, Washington Post, NPR and others. We have also collaborated on Oscar-nominated projects and with Oscar-winners.
If you bring something different to the table, a can-do attitude, editing and production and technological expertise, and most importantly, are responsible and responsive, this could be for you.
PS Some links of potential interest:
PUERTO RICO MARIA REPORTING - KEYVAN NPR
To apply, send your letter and resume to Keyvan Antonio Heydari Keyvan@rsf.org
Internship Posted June 29, 2021 | Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations
E-mail Marketing Intern, OOjee, Coconut Grove, FL
OOjEE is now looking for a bright intern to do our email newsletters. The newsletters are done through Active Campaign and we get them out twice a month. So someone who already has experience with Active Campaign is ideal, otherwise they will have to learn it, which is a good thing! We are looking for someone creative, with marketing and digital design experience. We will tell them what we would like to see on a marketing email and they design it and send it out twice a month to our subscribers. It should not take more than 2 hours probably, and we will pay $50 for each one.
To apply send a brief letter and your resume to Missy Sturgis firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship Posted June 29, 2021 | Advertising, Broadcast Journalism, Journalism, Media Management, Motion Pictures, Public Relations
Video and Communication Interns, Girl Scouts of Tropical Florida, Miami, FL
Organization Videographer: We would like to have a video/film student who can work with us to create videos for Instagram/YouTube/Facebook to promote girl and adult programs. The intern would be responsible for video creation & editing. Would work with Marketing Director for brand voice and strategic directive
Communications Intern: This intern would be responsible to helping develop content for social media, web and email, compile media kits, track media placements, schedule social media posts and track results.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to:
Christina Martin, Marketing Communications Director