Social Media Intern
Who We Are:
A Reason To Smile (ARTS) is a young, exciting, ambitious nonprofit looking for a Social Media Intern who matches our energy and passion for giving the world a reason to smile. We travel far and wide to empower communities to achieve and maintain better oral health by providing dental treatment, hygiene education, and supplies to those with little to no access to local dental professionals. Join our team to help us broaden the reach of our messages, raising awareness of this vital health issue and funds to support our work.
Currently accepting applications for the Spring 2017 (Feb 1 - May 30), Summer 2017 (June 1 - Aug 30), and Fall 2017 (Sep 1 - Dec 30) terms.
This is not a coffee-fetching internship, primarily because we want you to get great experience, but also because this experience is remote! We are seeking a self-motivated, hard-working individual who can take initiative to complete tasks and suggest ideas without constant oversight. That being said, you will be reporting directly to the Director of Communications, and the ARTS board of directors will provide mentorship, guidance, and regular feedback. We need you to help us...
• Assess our social media outreach and make recommendations for improvement
• Develop a social media plan, including a schedule of blog and social media posts
• Prepare and make regular posts on ARTS social media pages including Facebook, Instagram, and the ARTS website
• Assist with writing, designing, and sending our quarterly newsletter
• Prepare templates for photo posts
Qualifications and Experience:
We are looking for a passionate self-starter who is...
• A Junior or Senior in a 4 year undergraduate program or holder of bachelor’s degree
• A Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or Business Admin major preferred
• Able to provide and receive respectful feedback
• Able to adhere to tight deadlines while delivering flawless work
• Extremely detail-oriented, with clear and proven organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Active and eager to participate in team, agency, and industry initiatives
• Genuinely curious and interested in our mission
• Looking to commit 5-10 hours each week to ARTS work
• Hands-on experience shaping the social media presence of a nonprofit
• Exposure to the workings of a small, health-centered, internationally traveling NGO
• Mentorship from young professionals in a variety of fields, including dentistry, education, communications, international relations, and law
• Note: ARTS is happy to cooperate with your university to arrange a credit-earning opportunity if that is what you desire. Otherwise, this will be considered a strictly volunteer-based internship.
Email your resume, cover letter, and any relevant samples of your work to ARTSdentalcare@gmail.com with the subject “Social Media Intern Application” by midnight, January 22nd. We look forward to hearing from you