BBC Worldwide Latin America/US Hispanic - PR/Communications Intern Role in Coral Gables office
12 week (non-paid) internship from August-November**in exchange for college credits**
Here are some details of the role:
This role will provide effective support in the development and implementation of communications in key markets of the LATAM region and US Hispanic market. The role will also provide administrative support the Communications department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Media list – Work on creating/updating a media list and master database including US Hispanic/Latin American press contacts. Check accuracy of existing contacts and update with new contacts on a regular basis.
2. Contribute in the process of gathering materials for promotional purposes and share them through a secure file-sharing site.
3. Contribute in the monitoring and reporting of media coverage in the region.
4. Assist in drafting/editing media alerts and press releases.
5. Assist in pitching to US Hispanic media for CBeebies brand, helping promote the channel and app.
- Help to organize internal events for members of the staff
7. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
1. Non-defiant and proactive personality with a sense of urgency
2. Strong relationship building skills and willingness to cooperate
3. Great organizational skills
4. Advanced PC skills (Excel and PowerPoint a must)
5. Bilingual (Spanish – English, oral & written)
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
7. Eligible for College credit
CONTACT: Laura Paez (305) 461-6971