This is a 12-month staff position with little to no teaching requirements. Student media at NSU consists of a newspaper, radio and yearbook. We also have a literary magazine and TV studio, but they don’t fall under this position. We work closely with the “journalism” (New Media, Journalism and Communication Arts) department and have good relations with the student affairs realm as well.
The town is small (<22,000), but fairly active with festivals throughout the year. Many describe the town as charming with lots of history. We are especially known for our Christmas shinanigans each year. If you have any questions about the town (schools, healthcare, housing etc…), I’d be happy to chat with you. There are two larger cities (Alexandria, Shreveport) within an hour’s drive that have more amenities.
I’ve spent the last four years at NSU trying to establish a strong student media program and would love for somebody with a relevant background to come in and pick up where I leave off. As my departure date gets closer, the idea of leaving becomes more bittersweet, but I know there’s somebody out there that can swoop in and keep the momentum we have going.
Ideally, the person taking this job could come in early June so that we could spend week or two passing on all relevant information and getting to know the campus/community.
If you know of a colleague or graduate student who may be interested in moving to Louisiana to guide this program, please ask them to contact me.
Student Media Coordinator
KNWD | Current Sauce | Potpourri
New Media, Journalism, and Communications Arts
Northwestern State University
Natchitoches, LA 71497
Kyser Hall 225
About A Complete:
We’re a new skincare company based in Miami. We’re committed to complimenting a woman’s true beauty inside
out! A Complete was founded by Angelica Fuentes, one of Latin America’s most prominent business women and
philanthropist. We believe we are all beautiful in our own way, and we are working hard to empower women, and to
promote self love.
We’re located in Brickell ave, and we are looking for an energetic intern to join our team. You will NOT be serving
coffee or making copies, your help is needed big time. We look forward to provide you a real life Marketing/Design
Hour/week: 20 hours per week (Flexible Schedule)
From creating content for our social media platforms to create beautiful-brand aligned images for the web, this
position gives the opportunity for you to expand our brand through many different platforms.
This internship is ideal for social media eagers, content creators, and skilled graphic design students or recent
graduates who are looking to learn and be challenged by a fast paced work environment, while building a killer
This position works hand by hand/ reports directly to the Marketing Manager
● Copywriting and management of A Complete blog, and Social Media platforms
● Social media giveaway monitoring, interactions with potential lead generation, and follow ups
● Engagement with customers over the web through content creation including: infographics, competitor
analysis, forum answers, video and Audio Content Creation.
● Social media account management, and reporting of our PPC campaigns on Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
● Create graphics and design layouts for print ads, flyers, email newsletters, and social media accounts
● Other projects can be assigned
● Native English speaker
● Interest in beauty industry, and social media
● Must have strong personal social media presence
● Out-of-the-box creative thinking skills coupled with a pragmatic and realistic approach.
● Keen attention to detail.
● Effectiveness in managing multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
● Rising Juniors going into your Senior year of their undergraduate program; Seniors preparing to graduate
within the next couple semesters
● Skilled in design, writing, strong communication and analytical skills
● Portfolio that shows strong brand development potential
● Must have proficient knowledge of Adobe Suite (mainly Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator).
● For credit internship if wanted
● $200/month travel stipend
● Unlimited tea, and coffee!
● Some kind of healthy treats
● 1 A Complete travel kit upon finalizing your internship program
For those who are interested, they can send their Resume to Gabi Torres, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Veloz Group is filling summer Writing & PR internships with students from top journalism and communication programs from around the country. Learn more about our internship program and apply directly at www.thevelozgroup.com/internships
Writing & PR Interns will assume leadership roles on projects related to writing, blogging, public relations and content generation for search engine marketing. Interns will develop significant professional and creative writing experience, building their portfolios through a broad array of projects that align with their learning objectives and professional aspirations. Working directly with members of The Veloz Group leadership team, interns will develop their skill set through real-world, hands-on experience and application, with each individual receiving a tailored set of projects based on his or her stated interests. Candidates must be passionate about writing and/or blogging, and must be interested in exploring and honing their writing skills in a professional environment. While applicants across all majors will be considered, candidates who have demonstrated their interest in writing, journalism and/or blogging by writing for a high school, college or independent newspaper or blog and/or taking coursework in writing, journalism, communication, etc. are preferred.
Learn about other available media internship positions available online.
Social Media Intern
Who We Are:
A Reason To Smile (ARTS) is a young, exciting, ambitious nonprofit looking for a Social Media Intern who matches our energy and passion for giving the world a reason to smile. We travel far and wide to empower communities to achieve and maintain better oral health by providing dental treatment, hygiene education, and supplies to those with little to no access to local dental professionals. Join our team to help us broaden the reach of our messages, raising awareness of this vital health issue and funds to support our work.
Currently accepting applications for the Spring 2017 (Feb 1 - May 30), Summer 2017 (June 1 - Aug 30), and Fall 2017 (Sep 1 - Dec 30) terms.
This is not a coffee-fetching internship, primarily because we want you to get great experience, but also because this experience is remote! We are seeking a self-motivated, hard-working individual who can take initiative to complete tasks and suggest ideas without constant oversight. That being said, you will be reporting directly to the Director of Communications, and the ARTS board of directors will provide mentorship, guidance, and regular feedback. We need you to help us...
• Assess our social media outreach and make recommendations for improvement
• Develop a social media plan, including a schedule of blog and social media posts
• Prepare and make regular posts on ARTS social media pages including Facebook, Instagram, and the ARTS website
• Assist with writing, designing, and sending our quarterly newsletter
• Prepare templates for photo posts
Qualifications and Experience:
We are looking for a passionate self-starter who is...
• A Junior or Senior in a 4 year undergraduate program or holder of bachelor’s degree
• A Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or Business Admin major preferred
• Able to provide and receive respectful feedback
• Able to adhere to tight deadlines while delivering flawless work
• Extremely detail-oriented, with clear and proven organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Active and eager to participate in team, agency, and industry initiatives
• Genuinely curious and interested in our mission
• Looking to commit 5-10 hours each week to ARTS work
• Hands-on experience shaping the social media presence of a nonprofit
• Exposure to the workings of a small, health-centered, internationally traveling NGO
• Mentorship from young professionals in a variety of fields, including dentistry, education, communications, international relations, and law
• Note: ARTS is happy to cooperate with your university to arrange a credit-earning opportunity if that is what you desire. Otherwise, this will be considered a strictly volunteer-based internship.
Email your resume, cover letter, and any relevant samples of your work to ARTSdentalcare@gmail.com with the subject “Social Media Intern Application” by midnight, January 22nd. We look forward to hearing from you