The PGA of America is the largest working sports organization in the world with over 28,000 members and apprentices and over 400 staff members throughout the country. As “experts in the game and business of golf,” the purpose of the PGA is to promote the enjoyment of and involvement in the game of golf, and to contribute to its growth by serving millions of people throughout its 41 Sections nationwide.
The Northern Texas Section of the PGA of America is headquartered in Dallas, and serves more than 350 golf facilities and 850 professional members across northern Texas. In addition to managing the day-to-day affairs of the Northern Texas PGA, the Section operates the Northern Texas PGA Junior Tour (“Junior Tour”). The Junior Tour is the largest and most comprehensive of its kind with more than 4,000 junior members and over 400 tournaments conducted annually.
September 5 – December 12, 2017 (start and finish dates are somewhat flexible based on successful applicant’s school schedules)
The Northern Texas PGA is seeking two (2) qualified applicants for a 15-week internship position in media and tournament operations during the fall of 2017. Successful applicants will be primarily responsible for assisting with the Section and Foundation’s marketing and media relation activities. When needed, successful applicants will also assist with tournament operations. The following information will provide you with a better understanding of everything the internship entails.
KNOWLEDGE OF SOFTWARE:
FALL TOURNAMENT & OFFICE SCHEDULE:
The media interns will be responsible for attending tournaments conducted about once a week. On average, the media interns can expect to work in the office three days a week and both weekend days at tournaments. They will be given days off during the week to accommodate working weekend days. The media interns should expect to work, on average, 5 days a week with the exception of a few special events. The interns will work approximately 35-40 hours each week. Additional tasks and hours can be added for those with special requirements for obtaining school credit.
Tournaments will be spread throughout the entire Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex as well as a few in East and West Texas. There will be approximately three (3) events outside of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex this fall that will require extended travel. Carpooling to tournaments is allowed and strongly encouraged. The Northern Texas PGA office is located in North Dallas. Interns will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the office and all tournaments and events.
The Northern Texas PGA does not provide housing of any kind, but will be more than happy to assist with the location of housing for those unfamiliar with the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Past interns have utilized corporate housing agencies for fully furnished three-month apartment leases, secured three-month house leases through CraigsList or utilized extended stay hotels. Those with family or friends in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex are welcome to stay there and are in no way obligated to live with other interns.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé and list of references. Letters of recommendation are not required but are strongly encouraged. Please specify that you are applying for our Fall Media and Operations Internship. You can find this bulletin as well as additional information on our internship program under the internship opportunities tab at the bottom of our website at www.ntpgajuniorgolf.com. Applications will be accepted via mail or email. Please submit all materials or questions to Molly Rawlins.
Senior Manager of Communications
15150 Preston Road, Suite 250
Dallas, Texas 75248
(214) 420-7421 ext. 101
Friday, July 21 or until positions filled
Social Media Intern
Who We Are:
A Reason To Smile (ARTS) is a young, exciting, ambitious nonprofit looking for a Social Media Intern who matches our energy and passion for giving the world a reason to smile. We travel far and wide to empower communities to achieve and maintain better oral health by providing dental treatment, hygiene education, and supplies to those with little to no access to local dental professionals. Join our team to help us broaden the reach of our messages, raising awareness of this vital health issue and funds to support our work.
Currently accepting applications for the Spring 2017 (Feb 1 - May 30), Summer 2017 (June 1 - Aug 30), and Fall 2017 (Sep 1 - Dec 30) terms.
This is not a coffee-fetching internship, primarily because we want you to get great experience, but also because this experience is remote! We are seeking a self-motivated, hard-working individual who can take initiative to complete tasks and suggest ideas without constant oversight. That being said, you will be reporting directly to the Director of Communications, and the ARTS board of directors will provide mentorship, guidance, and regular feedback. We need you to help us...
• Assess our social media outreach and make recommendations for improvement
• Develop a social media plan, including a schedule of blog and social media posts
• Prepare and make regular posts on ARTS social media pages including Facebook, Instagram, and the ARTS website
• Assist with writing, designing, and sending our quarterly newsletter
• Prepare templates for photo posts
Qualifications and Experience:
We are looking for a passionate self-starter who is...
• A Junior or Senior in a 4 year undergraduate program or holder of bachelor’s degree
• A Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or Business Admin major preferred
• Able to provide and receive respectful feedback
• Able to adhere to tight deadlines while delivering flawless work
• Extremely detail-oriented, with clear and proven organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Active and eager to participate in team, agency, and industry initiatives
• Genuinely curious and interested in our mission
• Looking to commit 5-10 hours each week to ARTS work
• Hands-on experience shaping the social media presence of a nonprofit
• Exposure to the workings of a small, health-centered, internationally traveling NGO
• Mentorship from young professionals in a variety of fields, including dentistry, education, communications, international relations, and law
• Note: ARTS is happy to cooperate with your university to arrange a credit-earning opportunity if that is what you desire. Otherwise, this will be considered a strictly volunteer-based internship.
Email your resume, cover letter, and any relevant samples of your work to ARTSdentalcare@gmail.com with the subject “Social Media Intern Application” by midnight, January 22nd. We look forward to hearing from you